Monday, August 9, 2010

The Bloomy Rind, Hingham, MA

Oh, the sandwich! Layers of goodness stuffed in between two layers of even better goodness! It is not often that I eat a sandwich that I want to share with the world; but after eating one of Bloomy Rind’s hand-held creations, I want to shout it from the mountaintops! A more gourmet take on the BLT, the BLB is by far the best sandwich these taste buds have tasted. Pressed in between two slices of dark rye, oozing brie mixes with peach butter, lettuce and smoked bacon. The cheese is creamy; the bacon salty; the peach butter, sweet; the lettuce, crisp and fresh. I accompanied my sandwich with what else but fresh figs stuffed with a sharp, creamy, drool-producing stilton cheese and wrapped in prosciutto. What did you think I was going to accompany the best sandwich in the world with a bag of chips? Pffft…..you know me better than that!

The Bloomy Rind is located in downtown Hingham. It is a quaint shop that sells cheese, cured meats, and an assortment of salads and side dishes. I was greeted with a smile and a firm handshake from the shop’s owner, Mary. You can say that I was at the right place at the right time when she gave me a sample of a very creamy and very delicious blue cheese. Needless to say, after the work day is over, I will be picking up an order of this amazing blue along with some prosciutto, a crusty baguette, and perhaps a couple of those figs…talk about bringing home the bacon.

Buen Provecho!

No comments:

Post a Comment